1. Ask me about how I separated two liquids and how I separated a liquid and a solid.
2. We had buddies today.
3. 3 more classes to finish music project.
4. Dodge Ball club forms need to be brought back if you want to join.
5. First Serve Tennis forms need to be back ASAP.
Social Networking Safety by Paul Davis
Monday, April 8, 2019
Student Assembly for Grades 4-6 – 11:00 am -12:00 Noon
Parent presentation at 6:30 p.m. at Vincent Massey School
1. Ask me what techniques I used when separating two solids.
2. We started literacy rotations today.
3. There are 3 more classes to finish our Garage band project in music.
4. Ask me about repeated subtraction to divide.
5. Email sent out - Dodge Ball club at lunch. Form needs to be printed at home and brought back.
6. We continued our talk about Canada's Greatest Events
7. First Serve Tennis Form must be in by April 15th.
8. Computation sent home. Needs to be signed and brought back.
1. Welcome back! (although we were missing 7 kids today!!)
2. We started talking about different kinds of mixtures in preparation for our experiments tomorrow.
3. We started talking about our "Canada's Most Critical Event Project" today.
4. We reviewed division using base ten blocks in math.
5. We are looking at perspective writing in LA. We read Diary of a Fly and had to create our own journal entries.
6. We had a spelling and computation check-in today (literacy rotations tomorrow).
7 Please return Tennis form..... no form..... no tennis.
1. Slip sent home with reminders about conference time (1 hour blocks)
1. Sharing day in music tomorrow :)
2. Two important notices sent home (tennis permission slip and summary of fees for the rest of the year for in-school and out of school field trips)
3. Bring an extra pair of pants and socks in your backpack - the field is slippery and having an extra set is helpful.
4. We worked on dividing three digit numbers by 1 digit using base 10 blocks.
5. We designed our experiments for student led conferences. I may need to bring a small amount of a liquid if I chose something unique.
1. We're working hard to try to get our novel study projects done for conferences... I might need to spend a little time at home.
2. We started working on division with remainders using base ten blocks to model.
3. If you have rubber boots - wear them, the field is a mud pit : ( but yeah for warm temperatures!
1. Please sign up for conferences next Thursday evening or Friday morning. https://sis.cbe.ab.ca/public/
2. We are starting our work on division in math and it will continue over the break.
1. Spring concert tomorrow evening!
2. French fashion show tomorrow.
3. Ask me what game we played in gym.
4. Student led conference letters sent home.
5. Please sign and return multiplication check in and visual electricity house rubric.
6. Math re-test Monday at lunch.
7. Novel study jobs and reading have to be done by Friday.
1. Computation sent home to be signed and brought back.
2. Dress rehearsal for choir and xylophone.
3. Fashion in French on Thursday. Wear the clothes you put down on your sheet.
4. Grade 4 Bag 'o' bags presentation today.
5. Ask me about different ways to start and finish stories.
6. You need to be finished your book and job for novel study by Friday
7. We started watching "The Story of Us" episode 1 about Canadian history. Made for CBC.
1. Ask me about the special question on the math test.
2. Ask me how my math test went today.
3. We started working on our Social Studies paragraphs today.
4. We read with our buddies today.
5. Ask me how basketball is going in gym.
6. Last chance for family heritage questions before we add it to the timeline in class.
Thursday, Nov 22 - Indigo Fundraiser Night