1. Have a safe and happy Halloween tonight!
2. Ask me about my Day of the Dead Skull
Sorry for the delay... internet was down this afternoon!
1. We started literacy centres today - due Friday (spelling sheet, Detail generating sentences (4 separate sentences and one short paragraph, tumble book summary)
2. If you haven't finished your weather graph including colouring/shading that needs to be finished tonight.
3. We are going to create Day of the Dead collage skulls tomorrow. Bring any extra materials you want to include (not needed though)
4. Costumes can be brought to school tomorrow. We will change after lunch.
5. Thank you in advance to all the families bringing in food/treats for the class party tomorrow!
6. Ask me about the different types of clouds!
1. Ask me about the weather workshop this morning.
2. Computation quizzes sent home. Please sign and return.
3. Ask me about the Halloween centres in gym.
4. Book orders sent home - due Thursday.
1. Today we finished our social studies research. Next week we're starting our artist study research.
2. Today we played our last day of hand ball.
3. Ask me how my math minutes went.
4. Ask me about spelling re-test.
5. No school tomorrow!
1. Literacy Centres due tomorrow (3-4 items)
2. Fun lunch tomorrow
3. Family movie night is tomorrow
4. Ask me about the difference between hot and cold air
5. Ask me to show you an array. We reviewed some basic fact multiplication strategies today.
1. Miss. McFarlane our student teacher from St. Mary's University started yesterday. She will be with us until December 14th
2. Photos sent home today. Please return by Nov 5th if you are interested in ordering.
3. Math rounding and regrouping check in sent home today. Please sign and return.
1. Ask me about what a 'word referent' is.
2. Ask me about how my spelling re-test went - did I improve? What words do I still need to work on?
3. We tried 'table ball' in gym
4. Literacy centres due Thursday: word referents (3), vocab collector, spelling sheet, word work*
Canada photos: I have started to talk to the class about all the places they have visited in Canada. I'm inviting families to send in any photos they have of the landscape/unique city features from across the country. The pictures can have people in them - with the understanding that they will be posted in our classroom. The photos will be returned, but I need to put them on the wall using a pin/stapler so if they are originals please send them in a page protector or indicate that it needs one and I will try to get one here at school. If nothing is indicated, I will just put them up. My goal is to create as much as a collage of photos as we can to really help the students visualize the different regions from around the country. Anyone been to the arctic.....? If need be, you can email me (or students can upload in their google drive) the photos, and I can print a few here at school.
1. Literacy Centres due tomorrow
2. Ask me about reading to my buddy today.
3. We worked through some questions that used estimation to 'check' our answers
4. French - 5 snack words due tomorrow. If you're not done the brochure about yourself that is also due.
5. We tried to play volleyball in gym....
6. Some members of the class need to practice their Remembrance Day slideshow (google drive)
1. Reminder about the french snack words for Friday
2. Keep working on literacy centres if you are behind - due Friday
3. Ask me about the natural region paragraph read aloud riddles
4. Ask me about taking temperatures today.
Thursday, Nov 22 - Indigo Fundraiser Night