1. Ask me about my decorating today.
2. Tomorrow is ugly sweater day - wear your creation.
3. For Thursday if you would like to bring in a board game to play during the party you can. If you have a short movie (30 -45 min) grinch etc you could bring for Thursday. Also looking for movie ideas for Friday (1.5 - 1 3/4).
4. Friday is PJ day.
1. Ask me about my field trip today to the Glenbow Museum.
2. Patrollers, please find a document for you below.
3. Tomorrow is ugly sweater day decorating. Please remember to bring a shirt or hat and supplies.
4. Thursday is ugly sweater day to wear and Friday is PJ day. We are collecting donations for me to we on both of those days.
5. For Thursday if you would like to bring in a board game to play during the party you can. If you have a short movie (30 -45 min) grinch etc you could bring for Thursday. Also looking for movie ideas for Friday (1.5 - 1 3/4).
1. Sharing day in music is Thursday.
2. Ask me about my social studies quiz today.
3. Ugly sweater making day is Wednesday - bring a tshirt/supplies.
4. Tomorrow we have our field trip to the Glenbow Museum.
5. Ask me about my french I-movie
6. We started learning how to play crib to practice mental math.
7. Ask me about what I learned in my science center.
8. Still missing a few ski forms - I really need them!
1. Mrs. McNeil kindly extended the deadline for literacy centers: vocab collector, connection to art book, spelling sheet, tumble book summary and fig. lang booklet.
2. Ask me how my spelling test went today.
3. Ask me about combatatives in gym.
4. Miss. McFarlane had her last day today.
5. Region check in Monday. Review and understand some facts about each region: Cordillera, Interior Plains, Arctic, Atlantic, Great Lakes St. Lawrence Lowlands and Canadian Shield.
1. Christmas concert tonight. Doors open at 6pm.
2. S.S check-in on Monday.
3. Festive hat day tomorrow!
4. Ask me about the math strategies I learnt today.
5. Glenbow field trip forms are due.
6. Patrol quiz handed back today.
7. Literacy Centers due tomorrow.
8. It's Miss McFarlane's last day tomorrow!
1. Math patterns test and computation quiz sent home. Please sign and return.
2. Tomorrow is candy cane day (red and white day). Accepting coin donations for the food bank.
3. Please return field trip forms. Mrs. McNeil needs them.
4. Ask me about the choir assembly.
5. Ask me about starting the electricity science centers today.
6. We started working on multiplication strategies including counting up and down from a known fact.
1. Skiing field trip forms sent home via school messenger. Please return asap.
2. Glenbow field trip forms need to be returned. They were emailed last Tuesday.
3. Today was the last day to work on s.s. paragraphs. Yeah!
4. Ugly sweater/shirt decorating in class next Wednesday:
Ugly Sweater Creations
The Grade 5 team has decided to take ugly holiday sweater day to the next level! Students in Grade 5 are encouraged to bring in an old sweater, shirt, or item that can be transformed into a holiday sweater as well as items for their masterpiece.
Items that would be useful for this activity might be: Ribbon, bows, wrapping paper, tape, stickers, bells, sewing materials, buttons, lights, and other festive goods. Glue guns will be provided, but glue sticks will need to be brought from home.
Materials can be brought into school starting on the 17th of December, and our creation day will be Wednesday the 19th. Sweaters are going to be worn the very next day as Olympic Heights is having a Holiday themed sweater day for the whole school.
1. Picture orders sent home today
2. Ask me about making Christmas cards for the homeless (Make it Merry)
3. Ask me how my math test went
4. Thursday is candy cane day (dress in red and white)
5. Friday is holiday head ware day (hats, headbands, hair)
1. Glenbow field trip forms were sent out via school messenger yesterday.
2. Patrol quiz tomorrow
3. Thank you for all the parents who were quick to respond with being able to volunteer for our filed trip. I don't need anymore - in fact I had extra people volunteer so I needed to go with the first four people who responded. Thank you for the generosity of your time!
4. Choir form sent home today.
5. Invoices sent home - this includes Glenbow and may not be updated if you paid last night.
6. School tomorrow! No school on Friday.
7. I should have one descriptive paragraph, one fact paragraph and one poem done.
8. Computation quiz (x8 and x9) needs to be signed and brought back to school.
9. Math test (Patterns and Equations) on Monday. We started a review sheet today.
1. Ask me about the artifacts I put on Iris.
2. We are almost finished our S.S Writing.
3. Student - led conferences on Thursday and Friday.
4. Ask me about hand bells in music.
5. Ask me how Algebra is going.
6. Ask me about our Christmas Advent Calendar.
Thursday, Nov 22 - Indigo Fundraiser Night