1. In gym we played Hoola Hop Showdown with Mrs. Shoenburger
2. We had our Canada quiz - did I study?
3. Ask me about some different types of simple sentences.
4. Book orders sent home. Due Wednesday.
1. We had a great time participating in the Terry Fox run today. As a class we did 232 laps = 116 km!
2. Orange shirt day is tomorrow to acknowledge residential schools. As me about the book we read today: When I was Eight.
3. Make sure you've brought in your science weather homework.
4. Social studies Canada map quiz tomorrow.
5. We had a math 'check in today' to see how we're doing with place value. Results to be sent home tomorrow hopefully.
6. We watched a few videos to strengthen our understanding of how the sun and the earth's axis, rotation and revolution affects seasons.
1. Terry fox run is tomorrow. Dress for the weather. Please bring a donation. Toonies for Terry.
2. Please study for your Canada quiz on Friday. (provinces, territories, capital cities, oceans). Spelling does not count, but needs to be readable.
1. Ask me about our longitude and latitude quest
2. Ask me how I enjoyed the lacrosse unit
3. We did a math check in today
4. Today is the last day for the weather homework. Bring your sheet for Thursday.
5. Lice parent letter sent home today. Please do a check. Please tie long hair back.
1. Today we met our grade 1 and 4 buddies! We watched the new Terry Fox video. We are collecting money for Cancer research. Terry Fox run is Thursday at 1:30.
2. Canadian map quiz on Friday (provinces/territories/capital cities/oceans)
3. Ask me about the difference between weather and climate
4. We had our first two birthdays today!
5. Last day of Lacrosse tomorrow.
6. Orange shirt day is Friday (residential schools)
1. We started our math centers today.
2. We did a basic facts review today.
3. Ask me about what I learned in Lacrosse.
4. The Beakerhead assembly is tomorrow morning. Information about the speaker:
Mathieu Caron received his bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from McGill University (Montreal, 1994) and obtained a Master's in Mechanical Engineering from the University of British Columbia (Vancouver, 1997), specializing in space-based manipulator dynamics and control. He joined the Canadian Space Agency (CSA) in 1999 as a mission controller for the Mobile Servicing System. Until 2017, he has actively supported Canadarm2 and Dextre operations from the Johnson Space Center Mission Control Center in Houston, Texas, and from the CSA’s Space Operations Support Centre, as Mission Control Supervisor, Mission Operations Manager, and Operations & Training Manager. In May 2017, he became the CSA Supervisor for the ISS Payloads Operations Group.
Check out some of these links and come up with a question you might be interested in asking him tomorrow.
1. I may have brought home a Choir sheet today.
2. We finally found out what was in the secret science boxes. Ask me if I was close.....
3. Ask me about my progress on my art today. Will it be on the wall for Thursday....?
4. Lacrosse tomorrow - be prepared just in case we go outside.
5. Still missing about 5 families to book a conference for Thursday/Friday
1. Two notices sent home today (personal devices and headphones)
2. We had our first lacrosse class
3. Ask me how my art project is coming along
4. We started our "loose parts' to represent Canada today
Please remember to return Lacrosse forms for Monday otherwise you will not be able to participate.
Please remember to sign up for a conference time: sis.cbe.ab.ca/public/
1. Blog address sent home.
2. We started sketching in art today.
3. Do Unto Others and 15 symbols due Monday
4. Each day of weather needs to be recorded for the science homework (due Sept 27). Please make this a daily routine as we will be using this data in class.
Thursday, Nov 22 - Indigo Fundraiser Night