1. Miss. McFarlane our student teacher from St. Mary's University started yesterday. She will be with us until December 14th
2. Photos sent home today. Please return by Nov 5th if you are interested in ordering.
3. Math rounding and regrouping check in sent home today. Please sign and return.
1. Ask me about what a 'word referent' is.
2. Ask me about how my spelling re-test went - did I improve? What words do I still need to work on?
3. We tried 'table ball' in gym
4. Literacy centres due Thursday: word referents (3), vocab collector, spelling sheet, word work*
Canada photos: I have started to talk to the class about all the places they have visited in Canada. I'm inviting families to send in any photos they have of the landscape/unique city features from across the country. The pictures can have people in them - with the understanding that they will be posted in our classroom. The photos will be returned, but I need to put them on the wall using a pin/stapler so if they are originals please send them in a page protector or indicate that it needs one and I will try to get one here at school. If nothing is indicated, I will just put them up. My goal is to create as much as a collage of photos as we can to really help the students visualize the different regions from around the country. Anyone been to the arctic.....? If need be, you can email me (or students can upload in their google drive) the photos, and I can print a few here at school.
1. Literacy Centres due tomorrow
2. Ask me about reading to my buddy today.
3. We worked through some questions that used estimation to 'check' our answers
4. French - 5 snack words due tomorrow. If you're not done the brochure about yourself that is also due.
5. We tried to play volleyball in gym....
6. Some members of the class need to practice their Remembrance Day slideshow (google drive)
1. Reminder about the french snack words for Friday
2. Keep working on literacy centres if you are behind - due Friday
3. Ask me about the natural region paragraph read aloud riddles
4. Ask me about taking temperatures today.
1. Ask me about the big shave assembly
2. For french, I need to find 5 snack words (google translate). French is on Friday.
3. Please return the weather workshop sheet to indicate that you have paid/how
4. I started a new week of literacy centres today. All parts are due Friday:
1) Spelling sheet - double sided
2) Pick, list, choose in pink book (playground or Halloween theme)
3) Vocabulary collector - 4 words (definition and use in a picture or sentence)
4) Any work (if written down) during word work activity. If you used white boards then just
write which activity you did.
5. I might be brining home a math problem to finish today if I didn't finish it/needed more time to think:
1. Weather workshop letter sent home today.
2. Internal lockdown letter send via messenger. Practice is tomorrow.
3. We had a substitute teacher today. Her name was ___________________.
4. Ask me about the artist I learned about today.
5. I worked on categorizing a list of words today into main idea sentences as we work through paragraph writing.
6. Ask me how rounding bingo went...
1. In preparation for hosting the Remembrance Day assembly we are asking if any families are willing to share their 'family stories' of relatives from the wars. This could include pictures, or/and a brief history of the family member and their position in the military. Please confirm with Mrs. McNeil asap.
1. Literacy center work due tomorrow. Mrs. McNeil gave me a checklist.
2. Picture day was great!
3. Thank you for my treat day snack (if I had one)
4. Math addition/subtraction sheet due tomorrow. What is the alien riddle?
5. Ask me about making a giant number line in math today. Also ask me about the rounding rule.
1. Ask me about my skills during cougars in the court
2. Ask me about the CTV meteorologist presentation today. Kevin Stanfield
3. We raised enough money that Mr. Parson's has to shave his beard! The Assembly is next Tuesday.
4. Picture day tomorrow. Our slot is probably after lunch.
5. Ask me about the water cycle from Bill Nye's perspective.