1. Skiing field trip forms sent home via school messenger. Please return asap.
2. Glenbow field trip forms need to be returned. They were emailed last Tuesday.
3. Today was the last day to work on s.s. paragraphs. Yeah!
4. Ugly sweater/shirt decorating in class next Wednesday:
Ugly Sweater Creations
The Grade 5 team has decided to take ugly holiday sweater day to the next level! Students in Grade 5 are encouraged to bring in an old sweater, shirt, or item that can be transformed into a holiday sweater as well as items for their masterpiece.
Items that would be useful for this activity might be: Ribbon, bows, wrapping paper, tape, stickers, bells, sewing materials, buttons, lights, and other festive goods. Glue guns will be provided, but glue sticks will need to be brought from home.
Materials can be brought into school starting on the 17th of December, and our creation day will be Wednesday the 19th. Sweaters are going to be worn the very next day as Olympic Heights is having a Holiday themed sweater day for the whole school.
1. Picture orders sent home today
2. Ask me about making Christmas cards for the homeless (Make it Merry)
3. Ask me how my math test went
4. Thursday is candy cane day (dress in red and white)
5. Friday is holiday head ware day (hats, headbands, hair)
1. Glenbow field trip forms were sent out via school messenger yesterday.
2. Patrol quiz tomorrow
3. Thank you for all the parents who were quick to respond with being able to volunteer for our filed trip. I don't need anymore - in fact I had extra people volunteer so I needed to go with the first four people who responded. Thank you for the generosity of your time!
4. Choir form sent home today.
5. Invoices sent home - this includes Glenbow and may not be updated if you paid last night.
6. School tomorrow! No school on Friday.
7. I should have one descriptive paragraph, one fact paragraph and one poem done.
8. Computation quiz (x8 and x9) needs to be signed and brought back to school.
9. Math test (Patterns and Equations) on Monday. We started a review sheet today.
1. Ask me about the artifacts I put on Iris.
2. We are almost finished our S.S Writing.
3. Student - led conferences on Thursday and Friday.
4. Ask me about hand bells in music.
5. Ask me how Algebra is going.
6. Ask me about our Christmas Advent Calendar.
1. Math algebra p.s. sheet needs to be finished for homework
2. Please sign and return computation quizzes (+/- and x6 x7)
3. Ask me to summarize the book I read to my buddy
4. We worked on creating descriptive sentences about a theme park to practice for the s.s. descriptive paragraph. Ask me an example.
5. We started our digital advent calendar - Jacquie Lawson
6. Our classroom is decorated!
1. Last day for book orders is tomorrow
2. Jersey day is tomorrow - school spirit!
3.Please sign and return multiplication computation quizzes (working on 4's and 5's)
4. Fact family trees (up to 10) or all extension due tomorrow
5. Student led conferences are next Thursday night and Friday morning
6. Everyone should have done at least one s.s. writing at home. Tomorrow you need to have at least one poem, one fact paragraph and one descriptive paragraph.
1. Book orders due tomorrow!
2. Ask me how the introduction to algebra went today.
3. We are close to finishing our Art. Reminder that one piece of writing is to be done at home.
4. Ask me about the circle of courage.
5. We are still collecting food for the food drive.
6. We are also still collecting donations for the Christmas Hamper.
7. Fun lunch tomorrow!
8.Jersey Day Friday - wear any Jersey!
1. Please find below a copy of the social studies rubric/instructions for the project.
1. We started working on our social studies writing that will go with our Art. Patrollers are missing their computer time tomorrow for training - please try to write one piece at home by the end of the week so you won't be behind.
2. In music we started hand bells.
3. Fact Family trees are due Friday. These are to help us understand the relationship between multiplication and division and to understand how equations work in preparation for algebra with one variable this week.
4. We are continuing to work on our Social Studies Art.
5. Book orders going home today, due on Thursday.
6. We are continuing to collect food items for the food drive.