1. We started our math centers today.
2. We did a basic facts review today.
3. Ask me about what I learned in Lacrosse.
4. The Beakerhead assembly is tomorrow morning. Information about the speaker:
Mathieu Caron received his bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from McGill University (Montreal, 1994) and obtained a Master's in Mechanical Engineering from the University of British Columbia (Vancouver, 1997), specializing in space-based manipulator dynamics and control. He joined the Canadian Space Agency (CSA) in 1999 as a mission controller for the Mobile Servicing System. Until 2017, he has actively supported Canadarm2 and Dextre operations from the Johnson Space Center Mission Control Center in Houston, Texas, and from the CSA’s Space Operations Support Centre, as Mission Control Supervisor, Mission Operations Manager, and Operations & Training Manager. In May 2017, he became the CSA Supervisor for the ISS Payloads Operations Group.
Check out some of these links and come up with a question you might be interested in asking him tomorrow.
1. I may have brought home a Choir sheet today.
2. We finally found out what was in the secret science boxes. Ask me if I was close.....
3. Ask me about my progress on my art today. Will it be on the wall for Thursday....?
4. Lacrosse tomorrow - be prepared just in case we go outside.
5. Still missing about 5 families to book a conference for Thursday/Friday
1. Two notices sent home today (personal devices and headphones)
2. We had our first lacrosse class
3. Ask me how my art project is coming along
4. We started our "loose parts' to represent Canada today
Please remember to return Lacrosse forms for Monday otherwise you will not be able to participate.
Please remember to sign up for a conference time: sis.cbe.ab.ca/public/
1. Blog address sent home.
2. We started sketching in art today.
3. Do Unto Others and 15 symbols due Monday
4. Each day of weather needs to be recorded for the science homework (due Sept 27). Please make this a daily routine as we will be using this data in class.
1. Weather homework sent home today - chart and information letter. Due in two weeks! We went through an example today.
2. We worked on how to say large numbers (up to 7 digits) - test me out!
1. We started talking about our weather unit learning goals. Please take a look at them! Need to have at least 8 of the 'what do I know/wonder about' filled in.
2. We started filling in a Canada map today. In grade 5 we learn all about the geography and history of our country!
3. Ask me which of the picture books we've read so far is my favourite and why....
4. Thank you to everyone who has returned the many forms sent home these past few days (fee/info forms, lacrosse, entertainment books)
1. Yellow folder sent home with a number of notices
2. Ask me about my symbols - what do you think?
3. We had our first day of french today in the new french room.
1. We attended the welcome back assembly today
2. We had a fire drill today
3. We made it through our first week of grade 5!
September 21 - Beakerhead Assembly 9:30 am